Tuesday, January 27, 2009

French womens' waistlines

Omg how do they do it? I mean they don't really snack/eat much between meals, but when they eat, they eat man. Butter, croissants, bread, cheese, wine, ham, pastries, WHOLE milk, it's ridiculous. No one exercises (see below). There is a lot of walking, but not enough to raise your heartbeat. I've just come to accept that they have skinny genes and it's just not fair. I think I've seen about 2 overweight French people so far.

After 3 weeks of eating my face off and not exercising, I decided to go for a little run. I barely made it a mile (pathetic!), and I think I broke both of my ankles on the crazy bumpy sidewalks. So I tried joining the gym last week. Holy shit it's expensive/I didn't know what the guy was saying so I left. Then I tried downloading exercise podcasts on itunes, but they are all 10 mins and a lot are weird home videos of people working out.

So I caved in and now I'm an official member of the NewPlanet'forme gym! It's only a 3 min walk from my apartment. Omg it's so bizarre I love it. It's like a social hang out for these old guys in their 60s...they're basically smoking while ellipticizing. I was on the treadmill and noticed NO ONE was breaking a sweat. The girl next to me even had her hair down. So when the French exercise, they don't even burn calories, adding to the mystery of their skinny asses.

I'm pretty sure everyone was staring at me the entire time...I was the only one there to acutally exercise. But they will learn to love me.

It's no rec hall, but the facility is pretty sweet, kind of like an old loft with a few of each type of machine. They even offer classes - step, yoga, cuisses-fessiers (like butts & guts!), etc.

Okay I'm off to shop! Lovies 4ever.

No comments: